- CANSW presents two awards annually; one for significant achievements and the other for mentorship, within the profession of Nephrology social work in Canada.
- The CANSW Executive will make the decision regarding the presentation of the Jane Dicks and Mary Lou Karley Mentorship Awards.
- The awards may be presented annually, but will not be awarded in a given year if the nominated candidates do not, in the opinion of the Executive, meet the level of achievement outlined in these guidelines.
- Any member in good standing of CANSW may nominate a candidate to the Executive for consideration. A nomination shall include a description of the Nominee’s achievements in the areas described by the guidelines, and the reason(s) why, in the opinion of the nominating individual(s), the Jane Dicks or Mary Lou Karley Mentorship Award should be presented to this Nominee.
- An individual may receive the Jane Dicks or Mary Lou Karley Award no more than one time.
The award will be presented as an acknowledgement of significant achievement within the profession of Nephrology social work in Canada. READ MORE
This award was initiated in 2009 to recognize the outstanding Mentorship contributions made by a CANSW member in the field of Canadian Nephrology in the memory of the late Mary Lou Karley. READ MORE